With roots in ancient wisdom passed down from teachers to students across millennia, Kundalini Yoga supports the awakening of inner intelligence for health, happiness, and spiritual vitality.
Known for its transformative benefits, the practice of Kundalini Yoga builds physical strength and stamina and enhances cognitive function, emotional fitness, and spiritual connection. Many people describe the experience as exhilarating, euphoric, and powerful.
In this practice, the primary focus is on the movement and transformation of energy. There is no one practice or series. Instead, the practice focuses on kriyas, which are each a specific sequence of yogic techniques and meditations to create a specific result in consciousness. This could be something very concrete (like better digestion) or something more etheric (like an open heart). Each kriya (which means “action” in Sanskrit) and comes with precise instructions and usually includes most of the following techniques:
- Asana: body postures
- Mudras: hand positions
- Pranayama: breathwork
- Mantras: intentional, repeated sounds
- Bandhas: constriction of particular area of the body
- Drishti: directing the gaze of the eyes
- Shivasana: relaxation at the end of practice
While they may be made of up multiple components, kriyas are one complete action, designed to be practiced as a whole set for an intended purpose.
Kundalini Yoga is known to assist change and self-limiting habits.
- It is a transformational system designed to release blocks to the reservoirs of untapped energy within us.
- It is designed to balance the glandular system and revitalize the nervous systems.
- It works to build, clear, and balance the subtle systems of the nadis (energy channels) and the chakras.
- It includes hydrotherapy and breathing practices and other established practices for optimal health and optimal functioning.
- It is a science
When energy moves freely through the chakras, it stimulates the mental, physical, and spiritual health of the being. There is a clarity that arises that combines perception, thought, and intuition.
Sample a Class
Purchase a Kundalini Yoga & Meditation Virtual Day Pass.